PREP TIME 20 Minutes
COOK TIME 80 Minutes
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 lbs. golden delicious apples , peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 2 tsp. water
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
Line 9-inch pie plate with one pie crust. Leave edges overhanging; chill until ready to use.
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add apples and lemon juice and toss to coat. Arrange apples in prepared pie crust, mounding in center. Place second crust over apples and press gently to adhere to lower crust. Fold overhanging crust over; flute edge and cut a small hole in center to vent. Chill 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
Brush pie with egg wash. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Place on baking sheet in the lower third of the oven. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Bake additional 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until apples are tender, filling is bubbling and crust is golden. Cool on wire rack before serving.
Serve topped with Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- See nutrition information for fat and saturated fat content.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||200|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||90 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|