PREP TIME 20 Minutes
COOK TIME 50 Minutes
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 2 cups chopped pecans (about 8 oz.)
- 1 bar (3 oz.) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup*
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
Preheat oven to 350°.
Roll pastry into 14-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Lift and press into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Fold excess pastry under and press together to form a thick crust, then flute edges. Fill with pecans, then chocolate; chill.
Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs in medium bowl, with fork. Stir in corn syrup, sugar, Crock® Spread and vanilla. Slowly pour into pie crust over pecans and chocolate.
Bake 50 minutes or until center is set, covering edge of crust with aluminum foil after 30 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- *For a New England twist to this Southern classic, substitute 1/4 cup pure maple syrup for 1/4 cup corn syrup.
- Cost per recipe*: $11.93. Cost per serving*: $0.99. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||240|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|